Make a beautiful handmade paper at your home!
Follow Vatavaran’s Basic steps to make a handmade paper:
- Sock overnight half a bucket of shredded paper in water in which a pinch of alum powder has been mixed
- Grind the socked paper to pulp
- Fill the tub half with water, add a mug of pulp and stir
- On the mesh wire frame stretch muslin and place the mesh less frame, hold it with both hands, sway it into the mixture.
- The pulp will form a thin uniform layer on muslin; wait for extra water to drip down.
- Move to dry area, remove the mesh less frame, and sun the muslin piece which has A4 size wet paper on it
- When the paper is still moist, straighten it with the rolling pin
To make a coloured paper:
Add one of these natural products after step 3:
Henna – green
Katha – brown
Beet Root – light magenta
Indigo – blue
You can also design your own paper with adding flowers, grass or any kind of leaves of your preference!
So easy it is!
Katja Polc, Member of Vatavaran team